- Middle East
- Go to acciona.com
Community, sport and education groups have benefitted from a funding boost from ACCIONA, the developer of the proposed Mortlake South wind farm.
A total of ten community groups in the region have shared in this year’s sponsorship pool of more than $12,000.
“The Mortlake South wind farm community sponsorship program is a way of ensuring the benefits of renewable energy projects are spread throughout rural and regional communities,” Mr Lawrie said.
The funding was delivered through ACCIONA’s Mortlake South wind farm community sponsorship program.
The sponsorship recipients include:
- Deakin University Mortlake Sharks Football and Netball Club;
- Kolora Public Hall Committee;
- Mortlake and District Probus Group,
- Mortlake Cricket Club;
- Mortlake RSL;
- Noorat Show;
- Terang and District Lions Club;
- Terang Athletics Club;
- Terang Junior Basketball Association; and
- Terang Mortlake Football Netball Club.
ACCIONA Senior Manager Iain Lawrie said ACCIONA received many good quality sponsorship applications this year.
“ACCIONA takes pride in supporting local communities and we were encouraged to see many good quality applications this year from across the region.”