- Middle East
- Go to acciona.com
Community, sport and education groups have benefitted from a funding boost from ACCIONA, the developer of the proposed Berrimal wind farm.
A total of ten community groups in the region have shared in this year’s sponsorship pool of more than $12,000. The funding was delivered through ACCIONA’s Berrimal wind farm community sponsorship program.
The sponsorship recipients include:
- Berrimal Rural Fire Brigade;
- Charlton Community Theatre;
- Charlton Playgroup and Maternal and Child Health Centre;
- Charlton Tourism;
- Charlton Traffic Safety Education Centre;
- North Central Garden Club;
- St Joseph’s Primary School, Charlton;
- Wedderburn Football Club;
- Wedderburn Lions Club; and
- Yeungroon Rural Fire Brigade.
ACCIONA Senior Manager Iain Lawrie said ACCIONA received many good quality sponsorship applications this year.
“ACCIONA takes pride in supporting local communities and we were encouraged to see many good quality applications this year from across the region.”
“The Berrimal wind farm community sponsorship program is a way of ensuring the benefits of renewable energy projects are spread throughout rural and regional communities,” Mr Lawrie said.