- Middle East
- Go to acciona.com
Community, sport and education groups have benefitted from a funding boost from ACCIONA, the owner and operator of the Waubra wind farm.
“The Waubra wind farm community sponsorship program is a way of ensuring the benefits of renewable energy projects are spread throughout rural and regional communities,” Ms Robertson said.
A total of twelve community groups in the region have shared in this year’s sponsorship pool of more than $20,000. The funding was delivered through ACCIONA’s Waubra wind farm community sponsorship program. The sponsorship recipients include:
- Waubra Football and Netball Team
- Ballarat and Districts Quarter Horse Association;
- Ballarat Lawn Tennis Club;
- Ballarat Neighbourhood Centre;
- Beaufort Secondary College;
- Cultivate Agribusiness Central Highlands;
- Friends of Learmonth (in support of the Learmonth Community Garden);
- Lexton Golf Club;
- Miners Rest Public School;
- Good Friday Appeal, Royal Children’s Hospital;
- Sustainable Environment Arts Movement; and
- Westvic Academy of Sport.
ACCIONA’s Waubra Wind Farm Site Manager Melanie Robertson said ACCIONA received many quality sponsorship applications this year.
“ACCIONA takes pride in supporting local communities and we were encouraged to see many good quality applications this year from across the region.”